Users can connect to friends for an impromptu video call with the free video chat service called IMO. The app can communicate with one or several people, not only with video messages but also with text and internet-based audio calling.
Imo offers an enviable range of features easily accessible and comprehensible on iOS, Android, Windows and Mac. Settings may be confusing, however, as Imo requires a cellphone number, which will allow you to install the application on your mobile device before it is used on your computer, as opposed to similar apps.
The Imo app continues to support many websites and chat networks such as Yahoo, Facebook and Google Hangouts. Since Imo lost its interface capability with Skype in 2013, the company rebuilt its position as an alternative to Skype, adding video chat to entice platform converters.
Imo offers many features, including the possibility of adding friends to groups to better coordinate things. Imo facilitates the setting of a status message with searchable chat history and voice message support. Adding a sticker package improves chat attributes.
The Imo app supports push notifications to alert you to a new message or call.
Download Imo for smartphone (Android/ios/windows)
- Open Imo and your phone number are automatically embedded in the text box, but you can type it in manually if you do not.
- Note: When you are on a tablet or a phone without a number, enter any phone number with which you have access. For instance, fill in your cell phone number if you’re on your iPad.
- Next tap.
- Type the code to the Imo app issued for your cell phone.
- If requested, enter your name.
- Tap Start.
- To do this, add an image profile or tap Skip.
Download Imo for PC Windows 10/7/8 Latest
Visit the Imo download page to download Imo for Windows or macOS computer with the use of any emulator such as bluestacks etc. Also you can install the app without the use of bluestacks. You can also download droid4x emulator incase bluestacks is consuming more of the data.
- You really do have to install it on on your phone or tablet to use IMO on your computer. If you have an Imo on your phone, please click yes.
- In the space provided, enter your phone number.
- To continue, click Agree.
- Intercept on your phone or tablet the code sent off to the Imo app and type it into space on your computer.
- Hit Enter your keyboard.
If you choose a contact from your address book, you can start a video call or audio call. On desktop computers and mobile devices, the Button used to make calls is the same.
- Scan or browse the list for the contact or group to call.
- To open a text window, tap or click contact or group.
- To start a video call, select the video button.
- Imo lets you form a group to video chat concurrently with each recipient. Open the Chats window and tap New Group Video Call to do so on your phone or tablet. Click Contacts and Create Group if you are using Imo on a computer.
Features of IMO App
Avoid Phone Call & SMS Charges: The IMO Android app enables you to avoid high phone and text messages cost by sending unlimited text messages and making IMO audio/video calls.
- Hundreds of free stickers: You can also share stickers with your friends and family to make the chatter more enjoyable with your messages.
- Group IMO Chat: You can create group video calls with family members, friends and colleagues, as can other popular instant messaging applications.
- Free HD Voice & Video Call: It allows you to make HD voice and video calls with your friends and family members without charge. The main benefit is that it allows you to use IMO with Android.
- Faster sharing of images or videos: One of the IMO App’s main highlights is to be able to share your memorable videos with your fellow workers and friends.
App collect information and how it use it.
To provide, support, enhance and market imo service, we must gather some of your personal information. Including information you provide us directly, some of the ways in which we collect personal information are from log information, IP addresses and aggregated user data, cookies, data that you give about friends and your chat history.
What is the payment information?
In the event you choose to shop through our Services, we process your payments through an application from third parties, such as the Apple App Store or the Google Play App Store.
How are we going to use it?
You may obtain certain financial information from the Apple App Store or Google Play App Store, including your name, email address and other facts details, to process payments in our name.
The account can be edited, updated or deleted at any time.
How to remove your chat history?
The “Remove Chat History” option in the IMO app’s settings allows you to delete your chat history stored on IMO’s servers. By selecting “Delete IMO account” in the settings, you may remove your whole account. Please note that, for technical reasons, the corresponding information in our backup copies may continue for a limited period when you delete messages, your chat history or your account.
Even if you remove your entire account, with either the intent to fraud prevention and enforcement of our Service Conditions, we can retain limited information about your mobile device. Also the other Imo users you chat with can retain your chats with them even though you delete your own messages, chat history, or entire account.
You can ask your account data to be downloaded. In the application settings section, navigate to the “Account request information” button to request a download. Your account information can be edited through the app.
- How to Download IMO for pc without bluestacks
- How to use IMO on window PC
- How to Download imo for windows phone
- How to Download & Install imo for iphone/ipad
Alternatives to IMO
Skype is by far the most popular video calls, mobile calls and instant message and SMS application on the market. The WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and Hangouts are one of its best alternatives. In 2003 Skype was brought into the world by the designers of Kazaa, the famous P2P download programme. It’s the same technology that allows the program to make telephone and user calls.
Video calls, the program’s star function, only emerged two years later along with various functions, including Skypecast, SkypeFind and even sending money.
- Skype has repeatedly changed its ownership since its inception, passing over eBay before arriving at Microsoft in 2011. Within a year, it became the market leader in messaging.
- With Skype, you can communicate with your friends, whether you’re using the newest generation phone, Smart TV, PC or Mac anywhere, and any device you use.
- Its main interest lies in video calls, where it is a benchmark. They are free, although you have to pay if you would like to make group video calls of up to 10 people.
- Skype also offers a reduced rate of regular worldwide telephone numbers that are then deducted from your balance.
The popular WhatsApp messaging app is only used in mobile applications (Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Blackberry), but you can finally use it from your desktop with the brand new PC and Mac version of the app. All you have to do is simply set up the WhatsApp program, so you can chat with a friend from your Mac or your Windows PC.
Although it does seem to continue to work well up to now, this app’s far from perfect. WhatsApp for the PC is also very much similar to the mobile version. The app’s version offers all you’d like to see (on a bigger screen just), and it’s capable of chatting, shipping and receiving images, documents and notes, creating and managing groups, changing a profile image, etc. You can not share your location, for example, or add new contacts.
Yes, even though WhatsApp is an option that makes life a little easier every now and then, it won’t replace your mobile device any time in the near future.
Telegram is an instant message that focuses on speed and safety and is a good alternative to WhatsApp. Telegram provides group chats with up to 200 contacts, emphasizes safety and provides considerable multimedia support. A key focus of Telegram is security and confidentiality as compared to WhatsApp.
For example, Telegram features an encoded chat connection called “Secret Chats” that autodestructs SnapChat-like messages and prevents other people from intercepting them. There is even an option to self-destruct, which removes your entire account if you do not log in for a certain time period.
It was this safety that first attracted users into Telegram and WhatsApp which is currently owned by Facebook. They also say that they don’t sell or share user information with third parties, there is still no in-app advertising and yet it’s totally free to use it.
Send files to 1.5 GB Telegram is also supported by a high multimedia level of up to 100 people and enables the sharing of all types of files to up to 1.5 GB. You can email lots of photos instead of just one at a time and save as many images as you like since Telegram offers unlimited storage online.